Disclaimer – HelpOverseas does not provide any guidance or assistance on Live with your Family . This page is only for information purpose. HelpOverseas provide documentation assistance related to the different government program
If you have your family or sponsor in New Zealand who is citizen of the country or permanent resident, you can join them and work in New Zealand.
You can sponsor the following family members:-
- Partner-you are the husband, wife, de-facto or civil union partner.
- You and your partner must be personally met, staying together for more than 12 months, both should be above 18 or supported by guardian if between 16 and 18 years of age .Also they should not be close relative.
- You hold good moral conduct and health.
- Dependent child – you are a dependent child.
- You must be aged 17 years or younger and single or 18 to 24 years, single, and have no children of your own.
- You must be born or adopted before your parents applied for residence. Be born after your parents applied for residence or be adopted by your parents as a result of a New Zealand adoption or an overseas adoption recognised under New Zealand law.
- You must be financially dependent on any adult if you are aged up to 18 years and if between 18 to 20 years you are eligible for residence as dependent children whether financially dependent or not. If you are 21 to 24 years you may be asked to provide evidence that you are dependent on an adult for financial support.
- If you are living outside New Zealand with one parent, your New Zealander Parent must prove that the custody rights of the outsider parent would not get affected if you come to New Zealand.
- Parent – you have a child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident
This is a two tier system where applications are divided depending on the priority.
Eligibility for tier 1:-
- You must submit and receive and invitation through EOI.
- You must hold good moral conduct and health.
- You must not have any dependent children who are less than 24 years of age and financially, physically or emotionally dependent on you. In some situations grandparents and legal guardians are also considered as parents
- You must be sponsored by your child who is above 18 years of age and is a New Zealand citizen or resident for at least three years.
- You must meet the minimum English level requirement which must be demonstrated by variety of means out of which one of them is IELTS with 4 bands in at least two modules. In case you are unable to show you may pre-purchase English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) tuition and agree to undertake the tuition. The fee for this tuition is NZ$1,735.
Eligibility for tier two:-
- Your sponsor or their partner must earn a minimum of NZ$65,000 per annum. Alternatively, your sponsor and their partner can earn a combined income of NZ$90,000 per annum.
- Applicants must have a guaranteed lifetime minimum income of at least NZ$27,319 per annum or if partner is included then applicants must have a guaranteed lifetime minimum income of at least NZ$27,319 per annum.
- Applicants must bring at least NZ$500,000 to New Zealand, demonstrate ownership of those funds and assets, and demonstrate that the funds and assets have been earned or acquired legally and be are unencumbered.
- Your sponsor or their partner must earn a minimum of NZ$33,675 per annum.
- Have all your adult children living lawfully and permanently outside the country in which you (and your partner) live lawfully and permanently.
- Band A New Zealand (GST inclusive)-930 NZ$.
- Band B Australia-930 NZ$
- Band C Rest of the world-1600 NZ$.